Meade Polaris 114mm Equatorial Reflector Telescope
- A 114mm diameter reflecting telescope with 1000mm focal length
- Features a stable Equatorial mount with slow-motion controls, making it easy to track celestial objects as they move across the night sky.
- Comes with three eyepieces that provide low, medium and high-powered magnification for viewing a wide range of objects (Moon, planets, nebulae) plus a 2x Barlow lens to double the magnification - essentially like having 6 different eyepieces!
- Red-Dot finder scope included.
- Bonus Autostar Suite Astronomer Edition Software available for download - with over 10,000 celestial objects displayed (Windows PC only).
The Polaris 114mm telescope has a 114mm aperture and focal length of 1000mm (f/8.8). The stable Equatorial mount includes slow-motion control cables that allow for easy and quick viewing across different directions. The telescope includes accessories such as a Red-Dot finder scope, 2x Barlow lens, and three eyepieces that provide varying levels of magnification. This gives you the versatility of both narrow and wide fields of view. The Polaris 114mm comes complete with everything you need to view the wonders of the night sky the first time out. When fully assembled, the Polaris 114mm weighs approximately 19 lbs.
Each Polaris telescope also comes with AutoStar Suite Astronomer Edition Software available as a download. This bonus planetarium software will help you learn the night sky and displays more than 10,000 celestial objects including planets, stars, galaxies, and nebulae.
The Polaris Series telescopes come in a variety of apertures including 90mm refractor and 127mm reflector. These telescopes deliver bright and clear images with the greatest detail and enables observation of the craters of the Moon, Saturn's rings, and even Jupiter's surface. Meade's Polaris telescopes are perfect for the astronomer who wishes to manually observe and discover the night sky with ease.
Please note this product was not designed or intended by the manufacturer for use by a child 12 years of age or younger.
- Best for viewing
- Lunar & bright deep sky
- Astro-imaging capability
- Lunar & planetary
- User level
- Optical design
- Optical diameter
- Focal length
- Focal ratio
- Kellner 26.0mm,6.3mm (1.25")
- Magnification with included eyepieces
- 38x, 158x
- Resolving power
- Lowest useful magnification
- Highest useful magnification
- Highest theoretical magnification
- Limiting stellar magnitude
- Finder scope
- Reflex sight
- 1.25" Rack-and-pinion
- Mount type
- Dovetail bar system
- Computerized compatibility
- Not compatible
- Polar-axis scope
- Not available
- Tripod material
- Aluminum & Steel
- Weight, fully assembled
- 19.0 lbs.
- Additional included accessories
- slow motion controls
- Other features
- 26mm, 9mm and 6.3mm 1.25" MA eyepieces, Red Dot Finder, 2x Barlow
- Two year
- EN: Quickstart Guide for Reflectors
- EN: Quickstart Guide for Reflectors (for Australian customers)
- EN: Meade Polaris Equatorial Telescopes
- FR: Tlescopes monture quatoriale allemande de la gamme Polaris
- DE: Teleskope der Polaris-Serie mit deutschem quatorsystem
- JP: Meade Polaris Equatorial Telescopes
- RU: Meade Polaris Equatorial Telescopes
- ES: Telescopios ecuatoriales alemanes gama Polaris