Meade LX85 Computerized GoTo Telescope Mount with AudioStar
- Heavy-duty LX85 EQ GoTo mount is a real workhorse mount with a 33-lb. payload capacity, ideal for both visual and deep-sky astrophotography pursuits
- AudioStar hand controller with a 30,000+ object-library and multiple guided tours
- Internal speaker with audio files providing useful information (in both English and Spanish) related to the object being viewed
- Internal 12v DC servo motors in both axes provide highly accurate slews and tracking
- 2" diameter steel tripod legs provide an ultra rigid platform
The Meade LX85 Equatorial mount with AudioStar is a high-quality, portable, German equatorial mount featuring fully automated GoTo slewing to thousands of objects in the night sky. The LX85 is the perfect choice for the cultivated observer and astro-imager looking to chase deep sky objects! Meade’s LX85 Series will keep you looking up for many years to come and sets a standard for mid-sized telescopes at a great price.
The LX85 features a Vixen-style dovetail cradle for mounting telescopes and cameras up to 33 lbs., coupled with a sturdy build and low-cog servo-motors that ensure smooth tracking performance. This stable mount can impressively handle slight load imbalances with ease. With its built-in integer gearing motor drive, you’ll be able to track through long exposures using Meade’s Smart Drive feature for recording permanent periodic error correction (PPEC). Seamlessly image the best parts of the night sky without having to worry about performing a meridian flip. The LX85 mount also includes an integrated autoguider port to readily connect to your autoguider camera, making your astro-imaging experience easy and straightforward. If these features weren’t already enough, the LX85 is compatible with the Meade Zero-Image Shift Electronic Micro focuser.
With the included AudioStar hand controller you have easy access to over 30,000 objects that you can view with a simple press of a button! AudioStar Astronomer Inside technology features a built-in speaker that plays over four hours of educational content about the celestial objects you view!
The Meade AudioStar features audio files and an internal speaker. This computerized celestial object locating system plugs into the telescope's handbox port allowing a quick telescope alignment. Once aligned with the sky, the AudioStar is ready to take you to any object in the over 30,000 object database. In addition to GoTo and tracking capability, the AudioStar permits a wide array of fascinating and educational functions such as multiple Guided Tours, digital positional readouts, the ability to link with a PC using optionally available software and cord, and much more.
The control panel has numerous inputs for a range of accessories, including an ST-4 autoguider port, Aux port, electronic focuser port, illuminated reticle power output, and the 12v DC input (5.5mm/2.5mm tip-positive) port. Included with the mount and tripod is an accessory tray to hold various eyepieces and accessories, a 25’ DC power cable, a 9-pound counterweight, and the Autostar Suite available as on online download. Assembled weight of the LX85 mount and tripod is 34.1 lbs.
LX85 mount Designed and Manufactured in North America.
Capable of handling a wide variety of optical tubes and equipment, expandable and upgradable, the Meade LX85 telescope mount is designed for you to rediscover the night sky again and again. Whether you are at a beginner level or you’re venturing into astrophotography, the LX85 Series is the portable and reliable mount to grow with your level of experience.
- Best for imaging
- Solar, lunar, planetary & Messier objects
- Astro-imaging capability
- Lunar, planetary & long exposure
- User level
- Weight rating
- 33 lbs.
- Dovetail bar system
- Motor drive compatibility
- Clock drive included
- Computerized compatibility
- Go-To included
- Alignment procedure
- Easy Align, One Star, Two Star, Three Star
- Number of objects in database
- Tracking rates
- Sidereal, Solar and Lunar
- Motor speeds
- Up to 4 degrees per second
- Motor type
- DC Servo motors with encoders
- Power requirement
- 12-volt DC - 5A (tip positive)
- Backlash compensation
- Latitude range
- Setting circles
- Polar-axis scope
- Sold separately
- One 9 lb.
- Tripod material
- Tripod leg diameter
- 2.00 in.
- Counterweight bar length
- 13 in.
- Diameter of counterweight shaft
- Weight, mount/tripod
- 9.0 lbs.
- Weight, fully assembled
- 34.1 lbs.
- Additional included accessories
- DC power cable (5.5mm x 2.5mm tip), Accessory tray, AudioStar software download
- Other features
- AudioStar Hand Controller with guided tours, 30,000 object database, Vixen-style dovetail cradle
- Two year