Meade 12" f/10 LX200 ACF Optical Tube Assembly
- 12" f/10 Advanced Coma Free Optics - 3048mm focal length
- Ultra-High Transmission Coatings (UHTC)
- Primary mirror lock for increased image stablilty
- Oversized low-expansion borosilicate primary mirror
- Losmandy wide style mounting rail
Advanced Coma-Free LX200 Optical Tube comes with Meade's Ultra-High Transmission Coatings (UTHC), Oversized Low-Expansion Borosilicate Primary Mirror, Diffraction Limited Optics, Losmandy-style dovetail, and Dust Cover.
The Advanced Coma-Free (ACF) optical system has brought the highest level of optical performance well within the reach of most amateurs. Using the Meade exclusive design, ACF optics achieve aplanatic performance — with a flatter field, reduced astigmatism and eliminated diffractions spikes — equal to Ritchey-Chrétien systems, at a fraction of the price. Coupled with Meade's Ultra-High Transmission Coatings (standard on all LX200-ACF systems), you have the ultimate in premium optics.
The ACF primary, secondary and corrector plate glass blanks are manufactured in the USA exclusively for Meade.
The optical path and components of the ACF telescope design
All LX200 models feature a primary mirror locking mechanism, which effectively prevents movement of the primary mirror during long exposure astrophotography or observing. Turn the lock knob located just above the telescopes main focus knob and the progressive-tension primary lock completely cancels any residual image shift due to mirror movement during visual, photographic, or imaging applications.
The 12" LX200 Optical Tube Assembly has a 3048mm focal length, an f/10 focal ratio, and weighs 35lbs.
Designed and Manufactured in North America.
- Best for viewing
- Fainter deep sky
- Best for imaging
- Solar, lunar, planetary & Messier objects
- Astro-imaging capability
- Lunar, planetary & long exposure
- User level
- Optical design
- Advanced Coma-Free (ACF)
- Optical diameter
- Focal length
- Focal ratio
- Resolving power
- Lowest useful magnification
- Highest useful magnification
- Highest theoretical magnification
- Limiting stellar magnitude
- Optical quality
- Diffraction limited
- Finder scope
- Mount type
- Optical Tube without Mount
- Tube material
- Weight, optical tube
- 35.0 lbs.
- Additional included accessories
- Losmandy style dovetail bar
- Other features
- Ultra High Transmission Coatings (UHTC)
- Two year