Meade Instruments Statement of Limited Warranty
Effective June 1, 2021
THIS WARRANTY GIVES YOU SPECIFIC LEGAL RIGHTS. YOU MAY HAVE OTHER RIGHTS WHICH VARY FROM STATE TO STATE (OR BY COUNTRY OR PROVINCE).
Meade Acquisition Corp., dba Meade Instruments ("Meade") warrants that Meade-branded and Coronado-branded optical instruments and accessories distributed by Meade and purchased in the original product packaging from a Meade-authorized retailer in the United States of America or in Canada on or after the effective date shown above ("Meade Product") shall be free of defects in materials and workmanship under normal use and service during the applicable warranty period described below ("Warranty").
Meade Products purchased in countries other than the U.S.A or Canada are covered by warranties provided by the Meade-authorized dealers from which the Meade Product is acquired.
Please contact Meade Customer Service prior to submitting a claim under this Warranty.
This Warranty applies to the original end-user purchaser only and is non-transferable.
This Warranty covers each Meade Product for the period from the date of original retail purchase by the end-user purchaser ("Warranty Period") shown below:
|Meade-branded optical instrument
|two (2) years
|two (2) years
|Coronado-branded optical instrument
|five (5) years
|two (2) years
Meade will, at its option, repair, or replace (with the same model or with a product that has similar functionality), a Meade Product, or part thereof, found by Meade to be defective, provided the defective product or part is returned to Meade, and subject to the following conditions:
To receive the benefit of this Warranty,
- You must promptly notify Meade in writing (including by electronic mail) to the address shown below within the applicable Warranty Period that the Meade Product that is the subject of your claim under this Warranty is defective and you must furnish an explanation of the deficiency;
- You must follow the return instructions of Meade, including instructions for appropriate packaging of Meade Product for shipment;
- You must obtain a Return Merchandise Authorization (RMA) number from Meade;
- You must ship the Meade Product to a service facility designated by Meade at your risk and expense; insurance covering shipping damage is highly recommended;
- If international shipping is required, you will comply with all applicable import and export laws and regulations and be responsible for all shipping costs, custom duties, V.A.T. and other associated taxes and charges;
- You must provide your name, address, telephone number and proof of purchase; and
- Meade must be satisfied that claimed deficiencies exist and were not caused by accident, misuse, neglect, alteration, repair not authorized by Meade in writing, improper installation or improper testing.
If the returned Product is found by Meade not to be defective or the deficiency of which was caused by accident, misuse, neglect, alteration, improper repair, improper installation or improper testing, you must bear all costs for product failure testing, shipping and all other related charges.
Any Meade Product returned to Meade without a valid Return Merchandise Authorization number clearly marked on the outside of the package will be returned at your expense.
Meade does not warrant that the operation of the Meade Product will be uninterrupted or error-free. Meade is not responsible for damage arising from failure to follow instructions relating to the use of Meade Product.
This Warranty does not apply to any non-Meade branded or any non-Coronado branded products, even if packaged or sold with Meade-branded or Coronado-branded products.
This Warranty does not apply:
- to consumable parts, such as batteries, unless failure has occurred due to a defect in materials or workmanship;
- to cosmetic damage, including but not limited to scratches, dents and broken plastic on ports unless failure has occurred due to a defect in materials or workmanship;
- to damage caused by use with a third-party component or product;
- to damage caused by accident, abuse, misuse, or any other external cause or hazard;
- to damage caused by service performed by anyone who is not a representative of Meade or a Meade Authorized Service Provider;
- to a Meade Product that has been modified to alter functionality or capability without the written permission of Meade;
- to defects caused by normal wear and tear or otherwise due to the normal aging of the Meade Product;
- if any serial number has been removed or defaced from the Meade Product; or
- if you cannot prove in any way that you are the authorized user of the product (e.g., by presenting proof of purchase).
DURING WARRANTY SERVICE THE CONTENTS OF ANY STORAGE MEDIA MAY BE DELETED AND REFORMATTED. MEADE AND ITS AGENTS ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY LOSS OF CUSTOM SOFTWARE OR FIRMWARE, CONFIGURATION INFORMATION, OR MEMORY DATA CONTAINED IN, STORED ON, OR INTEGRATED WITH ANY MEADE PRODUCT(S) RETURNED TO MEADE PURSUANT TO THIS WARRANTY.
TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, THIS WARRANTY AND THE REMEDIES SET FORTH HEREIN ARE EXCLUSIVE AND IN LIEU OF ALL OTHER WARRANTIES, REMEDIES AND CONDITIONS, WHETHER ORAL, WRITTEN, STATUTORY, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED.
TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, MEADE SPECIFICALLY DISCLAIMS ALL STATUTORY AND IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND WARRANTIES AGAINST HIDDEN OR LATENT DEFECTS. TO THE EXTENT SUCH WARRANTIES CANNOT BE DISCLAIMED, MEADE LIMITS THE DURATION AND REMEDIES OF SUCH WARRANTIES TO THE DURATION OF THIS EXPRESS WARRANTY AND, AT THE OPTION OF MEADE, THE REPAIR OR REPLACEMENT OF MEADE PRODUCTS AS DESCRIBED HEREIN. SOME STATES (AND COUNTRIES AND PROVINCES) DO NOT ALLOW LIMITATIONS ON THE DURATION OF AN IMPLIED WARRANTY OR CONDITION, SO THE LIMITATIONS DESCRIBED HEREIN MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
EXCEPT AS PROVIDED IN THIS WARRANTY AND TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, MEADE SPECIFICALLY DISCLAIMS LIABILITY FOR ANY DIRECT, SPECIAL, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR LOSS OF PROFIT WHICH MAY RESULT FROM A BREACH OF THIS WARRANTY OR ARISING FROM THE PERFORMANCE OF MEADE UNDER THIS WARRANTY, EVEN IF MEADE HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. SOME STATES (AND COUNTRIES AND PROVINCES) DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
Meade reserves the right to change Meade Product specifications or to discontinue Meade Products without notice.
This Warranty supersedes all previous warranties for Meade Products.
A printed copy of the Meade Statement of Limited Warranty will be made available by Meade upon written request. See below for Meade contact information.
89 Hangar Way
Watsonville, CA 95076
+1 (800) 626-3233