Why Buy Meade?
Nine Great Reasons to Buy Meade Products!
Meade Instruments is acknowledged as one of the most innovative and dynamic companies in the telescope market. Known for its groundbreaking telescopic designs, Meade has introduced dozens of improvements over the years that have made amateur astronomy easier and more enjoyable than ever.
Meade Instruments has built its reputation and its products through ground-breaking, industry-leading innovation and precision optics, the hallmark of Meade superiority. You'll find that on every product we make. Meade Instruments is adding technology to all of our products to make them easier and more fun to use. At Meade, we believe in providing a remarkable experience, using technology to make astronomy accessible and enjoyable to everyone, regardless of your experience level.
Here are some great reasons to buy a Meade product!
- Meade is a market leading brand since 1975
- Demonstrated product and technological leadership
Technological leadership with unique products
- Meade is known for its groundbreaking telescopic designs and precision optics
- Telescopes span 6" up to 16" ACF observatory class
- Mounts including LX85, LX90, LX200, LX 600, LX850
- Coronado Solar Telescopes
- GoTo Mounts with optical tube assemblies (OTA)
- Accessories such as filters, eyepieces, field batteries, etc. that enhance the observing and imaging experiences
- Meade warranty enhancements for the original purchaser:
- Meade-branded optical instrument — two (2) years
- Meade-branded accessories — two (2) years
- Coronado-branded optical instrument — five (5) years
- Coronado-branded accessory — two (2) years
- Meade has increased investment in the Meade factory QA processes and resources
- Free pre- and post-sales technical support via email or 800#
- Meade ACF and select Coronado products are designed and manufactured in North America, using components, raw materials and supplies that are increasingly being sourced from North America suppliers
- The ACF primary, secondary and corrector plate glass blanks are manufactured in the USA exclusively for Meade
Support for Astronomy Hobby / Industry
- Meade supports an extensive network of USA and international resellers who are uniquely focused on supporting astronomy hobbyists
- Historical and continued support for industry trade magazines, US astronomy clubs, investment in new product development; providing free pre- and post-sales technical support, etc.
- Meade is 100% American and 99% employee owned
- Meade is focused on creating and maintaining jobs in the USA and Mexico