Meade 14" f/8 LX600 ACF Telescope with StarLock w/o Tripod
- 14" f/8 Advanced Coma Free Optics- 2845mm focal length
- StarLock automatic guider and AutoStar II GOTO system included
- Ultra-High Transmission Coatings (UHTC)
- Internal Crayford style focuser with 7:1 reduction and zero image shift
- Includes 26mm Super plossl, 1.25" diagonal mirror, 8x50 finderscope, but does not include tripod
Meade Instruments is proud to announce the latest addition to our line of industry leading developments, the LX600, ready to take your visual and optical astronomy to the next level. The fast f/8 Advanced Coma Free optical system produces a wider, flatter field with no coma for pinpoint stars out to the edge of larger imaging sensors and extreme wide angle eyepieces. Includes StarLock for full time guiding at one arc second precision and auto-alignment, Crayford style zero shift focuser with reduction, and much more.
Designed and Manufactured in North America. The ACF primary, secondary and corrector plate glass blanks are manufactured in the USA exclusively for Meade.
This 14" LX600 has 14" diameter f/8 ACF optics (focal length 2845mm) and Ultra-High Transmission Coatings (UHTC) for maximum image brightness and contrast. The redesigned mirror mounting system achieves zero image shift and includes an internal Crayford style focuser with two speed, 7:1 reduction control that allows for quick and easy adjustments.
The ACF primary, secondary and corrector plate glass blanks are manufactured in the USA exclusively for Meade.
Includes StarLock — the advanced technology that makes target acquisition on your imaging sensor and accurate guiding during exposures completely automatic.
The 12" LX600-ACF comes equipped with the AutoStar II keypad with 145,000 object library, Meade 1.25" diagonal mirror, 26mm Super Plossl eyepiece and 8x50 viewfinder with quick release bracket. NOTE: Power adapters/cables sold separately. Choose between the Universal AC adapter, or the #607 DC power cord plus external field battery.
Power panel includes the following ports: 12V input, 12V output, illuminated reticle, handbox, RS-232 x1, StarLock, Aux, and Focuser. Meade Microfocuser compatible, Microfocuser item #07080 sold separately.
NOTE: Picture with Tripod. Tripod is NOT included.
- Best for viewing
- Fainter deep sky
- Best for imaging
- Solar, lunar, planetary & Messier objects
- Astro-imaging capability
- Lunar, planetary & long exposure
- User level
- Optical design
- Advanced Coma-Free (ACF)
- Optical diameter
- Focal length
- Focal ratio
- Finder scope magnification
- Finder scope lens diameter
- Super Plossl 26.0mm (1.25")
- Magnification with included eyepieces
- Resolving power
- Lowest useful magnification
- Highest useful magnification
- Highest theoretical magnification
- Limiting stellar magnitude
- Finder scope
- Diagonal degrees
- 1.25" 90° Mirror Star
- Mount type
- Computerized compatibility
- Go-To included
- Number of objects in database
- Tracking rates
- Sidereal, Solar and Lunar
- Motor speeds
- Up to 8 degrees/sec
- Motor type
- DC Servo motors with encoders
- Power requirement
- 12-volt DC - 5A (tip positive)
- Backlash compensation
- Setting circles
- Electronic, via the hand controller
- Available ports
- RS-232, Aux, autoguider
- Tripod material
- Aluminum & Steel
- Weight, optical tube
- 110.0 lbs.
- Weight, fully assembled
- 110.0 lbs.
- Additional included accessories
- Series 4000 26mm Super Plossl eyepiece, AutoStar II hand controller
- Other features
- Internal zero-shift Crayford style focuser, Starlock automatic guider, LightSwitch style automatic alignment
- Two year