Coronado SolarMax II 60 RichView with 10mm Blocking Filter
- Used around the world by serious solar enthusiasts and professional research facilities alike for safe observation of the Sun
- Solar telescope lets you safely observe of surface detail and prominences on the Sun in hydrogen-alpha (Ha) light
- SolarMax II 60 is tunable to achieve the highest contrast views of active regions, flares, filaments, and other surface detail, or quickly and easily re-tune for prominences on the solar limb
- Features a 10mm blocking filter with sub 0.7 angstrom bandwidth filtering
- Powerful but very portable, this high resolution Solar Telescope offers dedicated visual observation of the Sun as well as high quality imaging
The Coronado SolarMax II 60 is designed to do much more than merely show you sunspots, as an ordinary white light solar filter can. The SolarMax II 60 will reveal the ever-changing tapestry of prominences leaping off the edges of the solar disk, the explosive upheavals of flares on the face of the Sun, and the subtle mottling of granulation across the face of this nearest of stars in gorgeous detail. The solar filter has a <0.7 angstrom passband, centered on the 6562.8 angstrom H-Alpha line. The sub-angstrom passband width gives you an ideal balance of prominence and surface detail alike. The filter is thermally stable, so the SolarMax II 60 will not drift off the H-Alpha line as the filter heats up during use.
Designed and Manufactured in North America.
The 10mm clear aperture of the blocking filter built into the star diagonal of the SolarMax II 60 is designed to provide full disk views of the Sun for visual use and imaging. It is better suited for binoviewing than the more economical 5mm blocking filter version of this scope (52088) that is designed primarily for single eyepiece viewing.
The new Meade Coronado SolarMax II represents a breakthrough in solar observing with the new RichView tuning assembly. This patented system allows direct tuning of the primary filter etalon. No other commercially available Hydrogen-alpha (Ha) telescope can provide the tuning range and accuracy of the SolarMax II. Now you can tune for the highest contrast views of active regions, flares, filaments, and other surface detail, or quickly and easily re-tune for prominences on the solar limb. The stunning bright red views through a Coronado Ha telescope display astounding surface and limb detail especially when the Sun is in an active phase.
This very high quality 60mm Solar Telescope acts as a personal solar observatory featuring a 400mm focal length and f/6.6 focal with a 10mm blocking filter with sub 0.7 angstrom bandwidth filtering. Includes mounting rings, Cemax 25mm eyepiece, Sol Ranger solar finder and carry case. Weight is 6 pounds. Tripod and mount required. (sold separately)
Please note this product was not designed or intended by the manufacturer for use by a child 12 years of age or younger.
- Best for viewing
- User level
- Optical design
- Optical diameter
- Focal length
- Focal ratio
- Fully multi-coated
- Glass material
- Cemax 25.0mm (1.25")
- Magnification with included eyepieces
- Resolving power
- Lowest useful magnification
- Highest useful magnification
- Highest theoretical magnification
- Optical quality
- Diffraction limited
- Finder scope
- Sol Ranger
- Diagonal degrees
- 1.25" 90° Blocking Filter Blocking Filter
- Mount type
- Optical Tube without Mount
- Tube material
- Weight, optical tube
- 6.0 lbs.
- Weight, fully assembled
- 6.0 lbs.
- T-max tuner
- Additional included accessories
- Mounting ring, BF10 blocking filter
- Other features
- <0.7 angstrom bandpass
- Five year