Coronado SolarMax III 90 Double Stack Solar Scope with BF15
- Fully integrated 90mm H-alpha telescope with 800mm focal length and f/8.9 focal ratio
- Includes Coronado's patented RichView tuning system
- Sol Ranger viewfinder
- Double-stack for <0.5Å bandpass and 15mm blocking filter
- Black and gold hard carry case included to protect your investment (dimensions: 26.5" x 8.66" x 8.66").
This Coronado SolarMax III is a 90mm f/8.9 refractor equipped with double stacked 90mm external hydrogen - alpha (H-α) filters, featuring a <0.5Å bandpass and 15mm blocking filter. What makes the SM3 standout? Read on!
Designed and Manufactured in North America. Coronado SolarMax III 90mm lens' blanks manufactured in the USA for Meade.
The SM3 90mm has a new 2" two-speed rack & pinion focuser with both coarse and fine focus controls which provide the user a more precise focus, critical for both solar imaging and visual observing.
Additionally, the SM3 90mm includes only external "True" H-α etalon filters giving higher contrast views and sharper features compared with models using smaller internal H-α etalon designs. Experience darker backgrounds, sharper features, and higher contrast with the new SolarMax III series telescope.
The SM3 90mm also includes Coronado's patented RichView tuning allowing direct tuning of the primary etalon filter. The patented RichView tuning technology provides additional tuning range and an overall better way of adjusting the filter's bandpass. No other commercially available H-α telescope can provide the tuning range and accuracy of the new SolarMax III telescope. Now you can tune for the highest contrast views of your favorite solar features without sacrificing image quality.
Double Stacked model (<0.5Å bandpass) which includes two "True" external etalon filters. One etalon filter equipped with our patented RichView tuner and second etalon with tip-tilt tuning using Coronado' T-Max tuner. Whether you are focusing on the solar edge or surface features in the chromosphere, the SolarMax III 90mm is the solar scope for you. Since both etalon filters are now external to the telescope, you can easily remove both filters and rear blocking filter diagonal to use the scope as a normal refractor for night time astronomy. It's like having two scopes in one!
The new Coronado 90mm SolarMax III series telescope with enhanced rack & pinion focuser and large external etalon(s) is now the perfect way to view the Sun! The SM3 90mm comes with an included 12mm, 18mm, 25mm CEMAX eyepieces, CEMAX 2x Barlow, 15mm blocking filter, Sol Ranger Solar Finder, Vixen-style dovetail mounting rail, and an all-new black and gold Aluminum Hard Carry Case (Dimensions: 26.5" x 8.66" x 8.66").
- Best for viewing
- User level
- Optical design
- Optical diameter
- Focal length
- Focal ratio
- Fully multi-coated
- Cemax 25.0mm (1.25")
- Magnification with included eyepieces
- 32x, 67x
- Resolving power
- Lowest useful magnification
- Highest useful magnification
- Highest theoretical magnification
- Limiting stellar magnitude
- Optical quality
- Diffraction limited
- Finder scope
- Sol Ranger
- 2" dual-speed Rack-and-pinion
- Diagonal degrees
- 1.25" 90° Blocking Filter Blocking Filter
- Mount type
- Optical Tube without Mount
- Tube material
- T-max tuner
- Additional included accessories
- 12mm, 18mm, 25mm Cemax eyepieces, Cemax 2x Barlow, BF15 blocking filter, Vixen Dovetail mounting rail, hard carry case
- Other features
- Double-stacked etalons for 0.5 angstrom bandpass, Dual-speed focuser
- Five year