Meade 10" f/10 LX90 ACF Telescope with Field Tripod
- 10" f/10 Advanced Coma Free Optics - 2500mm focal length
- Ultra-High Transmission Coatings (UHTC)
- Features AudioStar: 30,000+ Object-Database and built-in GPS
- Includes Series 4000 26mm Super Plössl eyepiece, 8X50 finderscope, 1.25" mirror diagonal, and Standard Field Tripod with dual-fork mount
- Internally powered via 8x C-cell batteries (not included) to operate the telescope up to 60 hours
Features a 10" aperture, 2500mm focal length, and f/10 focal ratio with Dual-Fork Mounting. Equipped with Ultra High Transmission Coatings (UHTC) and a resolving power of 0.456 arc-seconds for the improvement of brighter star clusters, more fine detail in nebulae, and greater surface features on planets. Includes a Series 4000 26mm Super Plössl eyepiece (96x), viewfinder (8x50 optical with crosshair), 1.25" Diagonal Mirror, and Standard Field Tripod. OTA and Mount Weight: 49 lbs. OTA Dimensions/Mount Dimensions: 28" x 18" x 27". Tripod Weight: 19 lbs. Tripod Dimension: 30" to 44" Variable.
Designed and Manufactured in North America.
The patented Meade Advanced Coma-Free (ACF) optical design offers coma-free pinpoint star images and flatter image fields greatly desired by discerning amateur astronomers, astrophotographers and professional observatories alike. This system also reduces astigmatism and eliminates diffraction spikes. This telescope also features Ultra-High Transmission Coatings (UHTC). UHTC are specialized multi-layered coatings that are precisely designed to improve the performance of your telescope's optics. You'll see brighter star clusters, more fine detail in nebulae, and additional surface features on planets. Averaged over the entire visible spectrum, total light transmission to the focus increases by 15%.
The optical path and components of the ACF telescope design
LX90 electronics include: advanced AudioStar computer system with a 30,000+ object-library, multiple guided tours, High Precision Pointing capability, and SmartDrive with Permanent Periodic Error Correction. Precise and quick star alignment is done near effortlessly with an incorporated 16-channel genuine Sony GPS receiver.
Feature a solid and stable aluminum double-fork mount with fast slew speed adjustable from 1.5 degrees to 6.5 degrees per second. Mount and electronics are internally powered by (8) x C-cell (user-supplied) batteries, which will typically operate the telescope for a generous 60 hours (optional Meade Universal AC Adapter can be used).
With high-quality features and performance, this model is a staple for your astronomy ventures. Make it your time to own "The Legend".
This LX90 model is compatible with the Meade X-Wedge which allows for polar alignment of the fork arms, eliminating field rotation in exposures longer than about 5 minutes. If using the telescope for visual use or shorter exposure imaging (lunar/planetary and very short deep-sky exposures), an equatorial wedge is not required.
- Best for viewing
- Fainter deep sky
- Best for imaging
- Solar, lunar, planetary & Messier objects
- Astro-imaging capability
- Lunar, planetary & long exposure
- User level
- Optical design
- Advanced Coma-Free (ACF)
- Optical diameter
- Focal length
- Focal ratio
- Finder scope magnification
- Finder scope lens diameter
- Super Plossl 26.0mm (1.25")
- Magnification with included eyepieces
- Resolving power
- Lowest useful magnification
- Highest useful magnification
- Highest theoretical magnification
- Limiting stellar magnitude
- Optical quality
- Diffraction limited
- Finder scope
- Diagonal degrees
- 1.25" 90° Mirror Star
- Mount type
- Computerized compatibility
- Go-To included
- Number of objects in database
- Tracking rates
- Sidereal, Solar and Lunar
- Motor speeds
- 1.5°/s - 6.5°/s
- Motor type
- DC Servo motors with encoders
- Power requirement
- 12-volt DC - 5A (tip positive)
- Backlash compensation
- Setting circles
- Electronic, via the hand controller
- Available ports
- RS-232, Aux
- Tube material
- Tripod material
- Aluminum & Steel
- Weight, optical tube
- 49.0 lbs.
- Weight, mount/tripod
- 19.0 lbs.
- Weight, fully assembled
- 68.0 lbs.
- Additional included accessories
- AudioStar hand controller, Standard Field Tripod
- Other features
- AudioStar Controller with multiple guided tours, Powered by 8x C-batteries or external 12v, SmartDrive w/ Permanent Periodic Error Correction
- Two year