9 lb. Counterweight for Meade LX85 Mount
- Adding an additional counterweight lets you balance heavy payloads on an equatorial mount
- Using an extra counterweight can be very helpful when balancing heavy astrophotography gear and telescope setups
- This 9-pound counterweight optimizes the performance of your Meade LX85 mount
- Steel construction, with white powder coat finish to match the LX85 mount
- Counterweight lock knob uses non-marring tip to prevent marring of the counterweight shaft
Counterweights help optimize the performance of your Meade LX85 mount by allowing you to balance the attached telescope for smooth, precise motion adjustments. If you acquire a telescope that is heavier than the one that came with your equatorial mount and tripod, you'll likely need additional counterweights to optimize balance of the system. You may also need an extra counterweight if you add a lot of heavy astrophotography gear to your system to help balance heavier camera-equipped loads. Features steel construction for durability, with a white power coat finish to match the LX85 mount itself. Fits the 20mm diameter counterweight shaft of the LX85 mount.
Designed and Manufactured in North America.
- User level
- Two year