Meade 16" f/8 LX600 ACF Telescope with StarLock and Tripod
- 16" f/8 Advanced Coma Free Optics - 3251mm focal length
- StarLock automatic guider and AutoStar II GOTO system included
- Ultra-High Transmission Coatings (UHTC)
- Internal Crayford style focuser with 7:1 reduction and zero image shift
- Includes 2" 28mm PWA eyepiece, 2" Series 5000 diagonal mirror, 8x50 finderscope, Super Giant field tripod, AC adapter, and DC cable
With Super Giant Field Tripod. The fast f/8 Advanced Coma-Free (ACF) optical system produces a wider, flatter field with no coma for pinpoint stars out to the edge when using large image sensors and extreme wide-angle eyepieces. Includes the patented Starlock auto-guiding system for automatic full-time guiding with one arc-second precision under good seeing conditions, zero image-shift focuser, AutoStar II GOTO system with over 14,000 object library, and much more.
Designed and Manufactured in North America.
With fast f/8 ACF optics 3251mm focal length) and Ultra-High Transmission Coatings (UHTC) for maximum image brightness and contrast. The redesigned mirror mounting system achieves zero-image shift when focusing eliminating the need for re-centering your object and includes an internal Crayford-style focuser with two speed, 7:1 reduction control that allows for quick and easy adjustments.
The optical path and components of the ACF telescope design
Has a dual fork mount and features 11" main gears and boasts pointing accuracy of one arc-minute or better in High Precision Mode. This rock solid platform is sure to exceed the need for the most demanding applications.
The included Super Giant Field Tripod ensures a research grade foundation for this largest of the LX600 models and is remarkably transportable for an instrument of its size and specifications.
Includes StarLock — the advanced technology that makes target acquisition on your imaging sensor and accurate guiding during exposures completely automatic.
The 16" LX600 Advanced Coma-Free comes fully equipped with AutoStar II keypad with 14,000 object library, Meade 2" Series 5000 diagonal with enhanced 99% reflectivity, Meade 2" PWA 28mm eyepiece, and 8x50 viewfinder with quick release bracket, and both an AC adapter and a DC power cord.
Power panel includes the following ports: 12V input, 12V output, illuminated reticle, handbox, RS-232 x1, StarLock, Aux, and Focuser.
Please note this product was not designed or intended by the manufacturer for use by a child 12 years of age or younger.
- Best for viewing
- Fainter deep sky
- Best for imaging
- Solar, lunar, planetary & Messier objects
- Astro-imaging capability
- Lunar, planetary & long exposure
- User level
- Optical design
- Advanced Coma-Free (ACF)
- Optical diameter
- Focal length
- Focal ratio
- Finder scope magnification
- Finder scope lens diameter
- Magnification with included eyepieces
- Resolving power
- Lowest useful magnification
- Highest useful magnification
- Highest theoretical magnification
- Limiting stellar magnitude
- Optical quality
- Diffraction limited
- Finder scope
- Diagonal degrees
- 2" 90° Mirror Star
- Mount type
- Computerized compatibility
- Go-To included
- Number of objects in database
- Tracking rates
- Sidereal, Solar and Lunar
- Motor speeds
- Up to 8 degrees/sec
- Motor type
- DC Servo motors with encoders
- Power requirement
- 12-volt DC - 5A (tip positive)
- Backlash compensation
- Setting circles
- Electronic, via the hand controller
- Available ports
- RS-232, Aux, autoguider
- Tube material
- Tripod material
- Aluminum & Steel
- Weight, optical tube
- 318.0 lbs.
- Weight, mount/tripod
- 81.0 lbs.
- Weight, fully assembled
- 399.0 lbs.
- Additional included accessories
- Series 5000 PWA 28mm eyepiece, AutoStar II hand controller, AC adapter and DC power cable
- Other features
- Internal zero-shift Crayford style focuser, Starlock automatic guider, LightSwitch style automatic alignment
- Two year