Meade ETX125 AT 127mm GoTo Maksutov-Cassegrain Telescope
- 127mm (5") f/15 telescopes optics with Ultra-High Transmission Coatings (UHTC) for extremely bright images with high contrast and clarity
- A full Go-To computerized telescope in an extremely compact form (weighs just 26 lbs. assembled!) - perfect for both the backyard and when traveling to dark sky locations!
- The ETX telescope is internally powered via 8x AA-cell batteries (not included), and includes 12v input jack for use with an optional external 12v power source
- Includes 26mm Super Plössl telescope eyepiece, Red-dot Viewfinder, eyepiece accessory tray and chrome plated tubular steel tripod
- Bonus accessories include a 1.25" moon filter, the MoonMap 260, and a smartphone photo adapter. A $50+ value!
The iconic Meade ETX125 AT 127mm GoTo Maksutov-Cassegrain Telescope offers optical quality that has made it a standard in the industry. Features include Meade's best telescope optical coatings, an advanced Meade AudioStar GOTO computer handbox and an easy to use red-dot viewfinder along with a solid mount and tripod. If you are in looking for a high quality portable scope absolutely loaded with features and the performance you desire, look no further.
The optical path and components of the ETX telescope design
Designed in the USA.
The Meade ETX125 GoTo telescope features an advanced Maksutov-Cassegrain design for pinpoint star images and extraordinary contrast, making it a great deep sky performer and ideal for detailed lunar and planetary observation as it easily soars to high magnifications. This 127mm (5.0") telescope has a focal length of 1900mm, f/15, with Meade's best Ultra-High Transmission Coatings (UHTC). Use your smartphone or other dedicated astrophotography camera to take high quality solar system images including the rings of Saturn, cloud bands of Jupiter, and extremely high resolution details of the lunar surface.
The Meade AudioStar features audio files and an internal speaker.
With the included AudioStar telescope hand controller you have easy access to thousands of objects along with a wealth of data about each one! AudioStar Astronomer Inside technology features a built-in speaker that plays over four hours of educational content about the celestial objects you are viewing! After a very simple alignment routine, the AudioStar is ready to take you to any object above the horizon in its database. Can also be connected to a PC for more advanced control.
The Audiostar telescope hand controller database includes over 30,000 objects that you can view with a simple press of a button! AudioStar Astronomer Inside technology features a built-in speaker that plays over four hours of educational content about the celestial objects you view! This computerized celestial object locating system plugs into the telescope's handbox port allowing for a quick and easy telescope alignment. Once aligned with the sky, the AudioStar is ready to take you to any object above the horizon in its database. In addition to GoTo and tracking capability, the AudioStar permits a wide array of fascinating and educational functions such as multiple Guided Tours, digital positional readouts, the ability to link the telescope with a PC using Meade's #505 connecting cable, and much more.
Standard equipment includes a Meade 884 telescope field tripod, Meade 26mm Series 4000 1.25" Super Plössl eyepiece (73X), Red-dot Finder, Smart Phone Adapter, Moon Filter, and Moon Map. The very stable tripod features chrome plated tubular steel legs and for the astrophotographer conveniently has a built in wedge which can be used for polar alignment of the telescope. The ETX telescope is internally powered by 8 (user-supplied) AA batteries which will run it for approximately 20 hours under normal usage. An AC adapter is also available for separate purchase.
A telescope is only as good as its mount and this mechanically sophisticated model includes an extremely rigid dual aluminum fork substructure with high impact ABS shell. The similarly advanced telescope optical tube design incorporates a unique flip mirror mechanism, allowing light to either go to the comfortable 90 degree observing position of the eyepiece or the built in camera attachment port at the rear of the telescope tube. Optional adapters are available for many popular camera models.
The ETX telescope optical tube and motorized fork assembly weighs a mere 16 lbs. making the Meade ETX125 a world class performer in a very portable package.
Please note this product was not designed or intended by the manufacturer for use by a child 12 years of age or younger.
- Best for viewing
- Brighter deep sky
- Best for imaging
- Lunar & planetary
- Astro-imaging capability
- Lunar & planetary
- User level
- Optical design
- Optical diameter
- Focal length
- Focal ratio
- Fully multi-coated
- Optics type
- Super Plossl 26.0mm (1.25")
- Magnification with included eyepieces
- Resolving power
- Highest useful magnification
- Highest theoretical magnification
- Limiting stellar magnitude
- Optical quality
- Diffraction limited
- Finder scope
- Reflex sight
- Mount type
- Computerized compatibility
- Go-To included
- Alignment procedure
- Easy (Two-Star) Align
- Number of objects in database
- Motor type
- DC Servo motors with encoders
- Power requirement
- 8-AA batteries
- Backlash compensation
- Setting circles
- Tube material
- Tripod material
- Tripod leg diameter
- 1.50 in.
- Length of optical tube
- 14.5 in.
- Weight, optical tube
- 16.0 lbs.
- Weight, mount/tripod
- 10.0 lbs.
- Weight, fully assembled
- 26.0 lbs.
- Additional included accessories
- SmartPhone camera adapter, 1.25" eyepiece moon filter, Meade MoonMap 260
- Other features
- Ultra-High Transmission Coatings (UHTC), AudioStar Controller with multiple guided tours, Equatorial tilt plate (wedge) built into tripod
- Two year