Meade 6" f/10 LX85 ACF Optical Tube Assembly
- 6" f/10 Advanced Coma Free Optics - 1524mm focal length
- Ultra-High Transmission Coatings (UHTC)
- ACF optics provides extremely flat fields - perfect for wide field eyepieces and camera sensors
- Vixen-style dovetail mounting rail bolted to the bottom tube wall
- Includes 26mm Super Plössl eyepiece, 90 degree star diagonal, and 8x50 optical finder scope with bracket
The Meade 6" f/10 LX85 ACF optical tube assembly hosts a number of high end features, all in a very compact package. The patented Advanced Coma Free (ACF) optics produce impressively flat fields of view with none of the coma distortion inherent in some other designs, even out to the edges of larger format cameras or extreme wide angle eyepieces. With its 6" aperture and long focal length of 1524mm, the 6" f/10 LX85 ACF telescope is the most compact and portable of the LX85 ACF offerings, yet still powerful enough to resolve stunning views of distant star clusters, planetary nebulae, and elusive galaxies — many of which appear tiny and featureless in the wide-angle telescopes so common today.
The optics feature an oversized low-expansion borosilicate primary mirror and vacuum formed glass corrector plate. The corrector plate produces no diffraction spikes because there are no secondary mirror spider vanes, as are standard on other optical designs such as Newtonian reflectors and Ritchey-Chretiens. The primary and secondary mirrors as well as both sides of the corrector plate are vacuum deposited with Ultra-High Transmission Coatings (UHTC) precisely tuned to optimize the visual, photographic, and CCD/CMOS imaging performance of Meade telescopes. UHTC coatings yield maximum image brightness and contrast at the eyepiece or camera sensor, serving up beautifully bright images of deep-sky objects, with excellent contrast of surface features found on the Moon and planets.
The optical path and components of the ACF telescope design
The ACF primary, secondary, and corrector plate glass blanks are manufactured in the USA exclusively for Meade. Meade ACF telescopes and mounts are all manufactured and assembled in North America, with meticulous oversight of quality control throughout the production process.
The long 1524mm focal length is housed in a tube that measures 16.5" long, and weighs just 9.9 lb. A Vixen-style dovetail rail is securely bolted to the bottom of the telescope optical tube, meaning it can be attached to any compatible Alt-Az or EQ mount that uses a Vixen-style cradle. The telescope includes a Meade 26mm (59x) Super Plössl Eyepiece, 1.25" mirror star diagonal, 8x50 finder scope and dust caps.
Take your visual and imaging pursuits to new heights with the high end optics and super compact tube of the Meade 6" f/10 LX85 ACF Optical Tube Assembly.
- Best for viewing
- Lunar & bright deep sky
- Best for imaging
- Solar, lunar, planetary & Messier objects
- Astro-imaging capability
- Lunar, planetary & long exposure
- User level
- Optical design
- Advanced Coma-Free (ACF)
- Optical diameter
- Focal length
- Focal ratio
- Finder scope magnification
- Finder scope lens diameter
- Super Plossl 26.0mm (1.25")
- Magnification with included eyepieces
- Resolving power
- Lowest useful magnification
- Highest useful magnification
- Highest theoretical magnification
- Limiting stellar magnitude
- Optical quality
- Diffraction limited
- Finder scope
- Diagonal degrees
- 1.25" 90° Mirror Star
- Mount type
- Optical Tube without Mount
- Tube material
- Length of optical tube
- 16.5 in.
- Weight, optical tube
- 9.9 lbs.
- Additional included accessories
- Vixen style dovetail bar, 1.25" 90 degree diagonal mirror
- Other features
- Ultra High Transmission Coatings (UHTC)
- Two year