Coronado SolarMax III 90 Solar Scope with BF15
- Fully integrated 90mm H-alpha telescope with 800mm focal length and f/8.9 focal ratio
- Includes Coronado's patented RichView tuning system
- Sol Ranger viewfinder
- 15mm blocking filter and <0.7Å bandpass
- Black and Gold Hard Aluminum Carry Case Included to protect your investment (dimensions: 26.5" x 8.66" x 8.66")
This Coronado 90mm F/8.9 refractor is equipped with a 90mm external hydrogen - alpha (H-α ) filter and features a <0.7Å bandpass and a 15mm blocking filter. What makes the SM3 standout? Read on!
Designed and Manufactured in North America. Coronado SolarMax III 90mm lens' blanks manufactured in the USA for Meade.
It has a new 2" two-speed rack & pinion focuser with both coarse and fine focus controls which provide the user a more precise focus, critical for both solar imaging and visual observing.
Additionally, the SM3 90mm includes only external "True" H-α etalon filter giving higher contrast views and sharper features compared with models using smaller internal H-α etalon designs. Experience darker backgrounds, sharper features, and higher contrast with the new SolarMax III series telescope.
Also includes Coronado's patented RichView tuning allowing direct tuning of the primary etalon filter. The patented RichView tuning technology provides additional tuning range and an overall better way of adjusting the filters bandpass. Now you can tune for the highest contrast views of your favorite solar features without sacrificing image quality.
This telescope with enhanced rack & pinion focuser and large external etalon is now the perfect way to view the Sun! The SM3 90mm comes with an included 12mm, 18mm, 25mm CEMAX eyepieces, CEMAX 2x Barlow, Sol Ranger Solar Finder, 15mm blocking filter, Vixen-style dovetail mounting rail, and an all-new black and gold Aluminum Hard Carry Case (Dimensions: 26.5" X 8.66" X 8.66").
Coronado assures that all solar filters are tested at specialized labs that are accredited to verify compliance with the ISO 12312-2 safety specifications for solar viewing.
CAUTION: Never look at the Sun, either directly or through a telescope, without a professionally made protective solar filter installed that completely covers the front of the instrument, or permanent eye damage could result.
- Best for viewing
- User level
- Optical design
- Optical diameter
- Focal length
- Focal ratio
- Fully multi-coated
- Cemax 25.0mm (1.25")
- Magnification with included eyepieces
- 32x, 67x
- Resolving power
- Lowest useful magnification
- Highest useful magnification
- Highest theoretical magnification
- Limiting stellar magnitude
- Optical quality
- Diffraction limited
- Finder scope
- Sol Ranger
- 2" dual-speed Rack-and-pinion
- Diagonal degrees
- 1.25" 90° Blocking Filter Blocking Filter
- Mount type
- Optical Tube without Mount
- Tube material
- T-max tuner
- Additional included accessories
- Cemax 12mm, 18mm, 25mm, 2x Barlow, Sol ranger solar finder & hard case, 15mm blocking filter
- Other features
- <0.7 angstrom bandpass, Dual-speed focuser
- Five year