Meade 6" f/10 LX85 ACF Optical Tube Assembly
- 6" f/10 Advanced Coma Free Optics - 1524mm focal length
- Ultra-High Transmission Coatings (UHTC)
- ACF optics provides extremely flat fields - perfect for wide field eyepieces and camera sensors
- Includes 26mm Super Plössl eyepiece, 90 degree star diagonal, and 8x50 optical finder scope with bracket
- Vixen-style mounting rail
The Meade 6” f/10 LX85 ACF optical tube assembly hosts a number of high end features, all in a very compact package. The Advanced Coma Free (ACF) design provides a tack sharp image with no coma distortion, inherent in some other designs. The ACF system also provides for an extremely flat field of view, perfect for astro-imagers with larger camera sensors.
Ultra-High Transmission Coatings (UHTC) provide beautifully bright images of deep-sky objects, with excellent contrast of surface features found on the moon and planets. The optics feature an oversized low-expansion Borosilicate primary mirror and Schott® Borofloat® glass corrector plate. The corrector plate produces zero diffraction spikes because there are no secondary spider vanes, like found on some other designs such as Newtonian reflectors or Ritchey-Chretiens.
The optical path and components of the ACF telescope design
Designed and Manufactured in North America, and the ACF primary, secondary and corrector plate glass blanks are manufactured in the USA exclusively for Meade.
The long 1524mm focal length is housed in a tube that is less than 17” long, and weighs just 9.9 lbs. A Vixen-style dovetail rail is attached to the bottom of the telescope optical tube, meaning it can be attached to any compatible Alt-Az or EQ mount that uses a Vixen-style cradle. The telescope includes a Meade 26mm Super Plössl Eyepiece, 1.25” mirror star diagonal, 8x50 finder scope and dust caps.
Take your visual and imaging pursuits to new heights with the high end optics and super compact tube of the Meade 6” f/10 LX85 ACF Optical Tube Assembly.
- Best for viewing
- Lunar & bright deep sky
- Best for imaging
- Solar, lunar, planetary & Messier objects
- Astro-imaging capability
- Lunar, planetary & long exposure
- User level
- Optical design
- Advanced Coma-Free (ACF)
- Optical diameter
- Focal length
- Focal ratio
- Finder scope magnification
- Lens diameter
- Super Plossl 26.0mm (1.25")
- Magnification with included eyepieces
- Resolving power
- Lowest useful magnification
- Highest useful magnification
- Highest theoretical magnification
- Limiting stellar magnitude
- Optical quality
- Diffraction limited
- Finder scope
- Diagonal degrees
- 1.25" 90° Mirror Star
- Mount type
- Optical Tube without Mount
- Tube material
- Length of optical tube
- 16.5 in.
- Weight, optical tube
- 9.9 lbs.
- Additional included accessories
- Vixen style dovetail bar, 1.25" 90 degree diagonal mirror
- Other features
- Ultra High Transmission Coatings (UHTC)
- Two year