Coronado SolarMax III 70 Double Stack Solar Scope with BF15
- Fully Integrated 70mm f/5.7 H-alpha telescope - 400mm focal length
- Includes Coronado's patented RichView tuning system
- Sol ranger vewfinder
- 15mm blocking filter and double-stack for <0.5Å bandpass
- Black and silver hard carry case (dimensions: 27.8" x 10.2" x 10.2")
This Coronado 70mm F/5.7 refractor is equipped with a double stacked set of 60mm external hydrogen-alpha (H-α) filters and features a <0.5Å bandpass with a 15mm blocking filter included. What makes the SM3 standout? Read on!
Designed and Manufactured in North America.
It has a new two-speed 2" rack & pinion focuser with both coarse and fine focus controls allowing the user to get a more precise focus, critical for both solar imaging and visual observing. Additionally, the SM3 70mm includes external "True" H-α etalon filters giving higher contrast views and sharper features compared with models using smaller internal H-α etalon designs. Experience darker backgrounds, sharper features, and higher contrast.
Also includes Coronado's patented RichView tuning allowing direct tuning of the primary etalon filter. The patented RichView tuning technology provides additional tuning range and an overall better way of adjusting the filters bandpass. Now you can tune for the highest contrast views of your favorite solar features without sacrificing image quality.
This Double Stacked model (<0.5Å bandpass) include two "True" external etalon filters. One etalon filter equipped with our patented RichView tuner and second etalon with tip-tilt tuning using Coronado's T-Max tuner. Whether you are focusing on the solar edge or surface features in the chromosphere, this is the solar scope for you. Since both etalon filters are now external to the telescope, you can easily remove both filters and rear blocking filter diagonal to use the scope as a normal refractor for night time astronomy. It's like having two scopes in one!
This very high quality 70mm solar telescope features an 400mm focal length, f/5.7 focal ratio, 15mm blocking filter, and 60mm external Hydrogen-alpha Etalon double-stack with T-max Tuner. Includes mounting rings, Cemax 18mm eyepiece, Sol Ranger solar finder and black & gold aluminum hard carry case.
Coronado assures that all solar filters are tested at specialized labs that are accredited to verify compliance with the ISO 12312-2 safety specifications for solar viewing.
- Best for viewing
- User level
- Optical design
- Optical diameter
- Focal length
- Focal ratio
- Fully multi-coated
- Cemax 18.0mm (1.25")
- Magnification with included eyepieces
- Resolving power
- Lowest useful magnification
- Highest useful magnification
- Highest theoretical magnification
- Limiting stellar magnitude
- Optical quality
- Diffraction limited
- Finder scope
- Sol Ranger
- 2" dual-speed Rack-and-pinion
- Diagonal degrees
- 1.25" 90° Blocking Filter Blocking Filter
- Mount type
- Optical Tube without Mount
- Tube material
- T-max tuner
- Additional included accessories
- Black and silver hard carry case, Vixen dovetail bar, BF15 blocking filter
- Other features
- Double-stacked etalons for 0.5 angstrom bandpass, Dual-speed focuser
- Five year