Coronado SolarMax II 90 RichView Solar Telescope w/BF15
- Used around the world by serious solar enthusiasts and professional research facilities alike for safe observation of the Sun
- Solar telescope lets you safely observe surface detail and prominences on the Sun in hydrogen-alpha (Ha) light
- SolarMax II 90 is tunable to achieve the highest contrast views of active regions, flares, filaments, and other surface detail, or quickly and easily re-tune for prominences on the solar limb
- Features a 15mm blocking filter with sub 0.7 angstrom bandwidth filtering
- Powerful but very portable, this high-resolution Solar Telescope offers dedicated visual observation of the Sun as well as high quality imaging
The Coronado SolarMax II 90 is designed to do much more than merely show you sunspots, as an ordinary white light solar filter can. The SolarMax II 90 will reveal the ever-changing tapestry of prominences leaping off the edges of the solar disk, the explosive upheavals of flares on the face of the Sun, and the subtle mottling of granulation across the face of this nearest of stars in gorgeous detail. The solar filter has a <0.7 angstrom bandpass, centered on the 6562.8 angstrom H-Alpha line. The sub-angstrom passband width gives you an ideal balance of prominence and surface detail alike. The filter is thermally stable, so the SolarMax II 90 will not drift off the H-Alpha line as the filter heats up during use. The 15mm clear aperture of the blocking filter built into the star diagonal of the SolarMax II 90 is designed to provide full disk views of the Sun for visual use and imaging.
Designed and Manufactured in North America.
The Meade Coronado SolarMax II represents a breakthrough in solar observing with the RichView tuning assembly. This patented system allows direct tuning of the primary filter etalon. You can tune for the highest contrast views of active regions, flares, filaments, and other surface detail, or quickly and easily re-tune for prominences on the solar limb. The stunning bright red views through a Coronado Ha telescope display astounding surface and limb detail especially when the Sun is in an active phase.
This very high quality 90mm Solar Telescope acts as a personal solar observatory featuring an 800mm focal length and f/8.8 focal ratio with a 15mm blocking filter with sub 0.7mm angstrom bandwidth filtering. Includes mounting rings with ¼-20 tapped holes, Cemax 25mm eyepiece, Sol Ranger solar finder and carry case. Dovetail rail, mount, and tripod required (sold separately).
Coronado assures that all solar filters and solar telescopes are tested at specialized labs that are accredited to verify compliance with the ISO 12312-2 safety specifications for solar viewing.
Please note this product was not designed or intended by the manufacturer for use by a child 12 years of age or younger.
- Best for viewing
- User level
- Optical design
- Optical diameter
- Focal length
- Focal ratio
- Fully multi-coated
- Cemax 25.0mm,12.0mm (1.25")
- Magnification with included eyepieces
- 16x, 67x
- Resolving power
- Lowest useful magnification
- Highest useful magnification
- Highest theoretical magnification
- Limiting stellar magnitude
- Optical quality
- Diffraction limited
- Finder scope
- Sol Ranger
- Diagonal degrees
- 1.25" 90° Blocking Filter
- Mount type
- Optical Tube without Mount
- T-max tuner
- Additional included accessories
- Coronado CEMAX 12mm, 18mm, 25mm, & 2x Barlow Lens, Mounting rings, Sol Ranger finder scope, Travel Case
- Other features
- <0.7 angstrom
- Five year